CROCKPOT THAI HEN THIGHS AND LEG

Crockpot Thai Chicken Thighs – delicious chicken thighs in a creamy, silky and smooth Thai flavored sauce, slowly cooked to perfection.
crockpot-thai-chicken-thighs-2
There I was this morning in my kitchen staring at these chicken thighs and wondering what I’m going to cook. Yes sometimes even I run out of ideas. As I kept staring at those thighs I got a brilliant idea. The crockpot would be my tool of choice. Now I just needed a sauce to go with the chicken. I open the fridge and stare at it. The jar of peanut butter was right there staring me back in the face. Last night the hand model made me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and when he put it back he didn’t put the jar in its usual place, but there it was now, staring at me. I quickly think and realize Thai food has peanut butter in sauces. So the light bulb goes on in my head and I get this crazy idea to make a Thai sauce.
I crazily go through my pantry, spice cabinet and the fridge and pull out everything that I think screams Thai to me. Hand model walks in and says: “Gross! What are you making?” Yes he always does that. Granted the sauce when uncooked doesn’t have this gorgeous color as it does after it cooks but I knew this was going to be good.
crockpot-thai-chicken-thighs
I threw in coconut milk, peanut butter, sesame oil, ginger, fish sauce, some sriracha sauce and whatever else I got my hands on and whisked it all together like a mad woman. I was determined this was going to be better than butter chicken. I was determined this was going to be our dinner of choice from now on. I poured the sauce over the chicken, turned the crockpot on and quickly ran upstairs to my computer to jot down all the ingredients I had thrown in the sauce. I knew it was going to be big. It had to be big. A concoction like this has to be good.
Eagerly I wait and wait for the hours to pass, in the meantime cooking the rice and making a delicious banana pudding dessert. As I’m waiting the aroma in the house becomes unbearable. I smell sesame oil, I smell coconut milk, I smell deliciousness. This was going to be good.
Finally the unbearable hours had passed. My Thai chicken was done. The color was bright and beautiful, I take a tablespoon and taste it. I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. Smooth delicious silky sauce. I could taste the peanut butter, I could taste the sriracha, but all those ingredients when mixed together, you end up with a silky smooth sauce that is worth gold. And the chicken simply melts in your mouth after being cooked for hours in that yummy sauce.
It was time for the hand model to come and do his taste test. As usual he’s skeptical, because yes I have screwed up recipes in the past. I admit it, I’m not perfect. But not this time. This time I got it right. He takes a tablespoon and tastes the sauce. His face lights up and I knew it then. It was good. It was beyond good. It was amazing. As the compliments kept pouring in I took them all in and I knew it then. I had redeemed myself for all the recipe failures before. This chicken was a winner.
crockpot-thai-chicken-thighs-3
5.0 from 1 reviews
CROCKPOT THAI CHICKEN THIGHS
 
PREP TIME
COOK TIME
TOTAL TIME
 
Author: 
Serves: 4
INGREDIENTS
  • 8 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
  • 1 tsp grated ginger
  • 1½ cups water
  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 1 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 - 2 tsp sriracha sauce
  • 3 tbsp peanut butter
  • ½ tsp chili pepper flakes
  • ½ cup coconut milk
  • 3 tbsp tomato paste
  • salt and pepper to taste

0 التعليقات: