Watermelon Ice

Jazz up your summer drink with ice cubes – made of watermelon with this Watermelon Ice.
Watermelon Ice
28K+


Today, I bring you what is perhaps the easiest recipe on my site.  And the recipe that is the most perfect for summer.  May I introduce you to:
Watermelon Ice
This is one of those things that I seriously said “duh” out loud to when I saw it.  I was catching up on my dvr’d episodes of the Rachael Ray Show, and saw her make these, and knew immediately that I needed to try this one out.  I am usually really good about drinking water, but something with this pregnancy – it has been a struggle for me.  I’ve tried sweetening it with drink sweeteners (like Crystal Light) but then it is too sweet.  I thought this would be the perfect way to perk up my water without adding lots of calories. And it was! It added just a hint of sweetness, and I got to eat the watermelon when I was done with my water!
Ice Cubes Made from Watermelon
Now, I’ve seen lots of fruit infused ice – with cucumber, fruit, or even herbs.  But it seriously doesn’t get any easier than this.  No ice cube trays to fill up, no pureeing anything.  Just chop and freeze!!
I tried these with both seltzer water and regular water, and I actually preferred the regular water.  (But that’s probably because I normally prefer regular water.)  But I also think they would be great in a lemon-lime soda or even lemonade.  I can see this being the perfect “ice” for summer entertaining!!
And the bonus is that I discovered that frozen watermelon is really delicious.  I couldn’t stop just stealing frozen chunks from the freezer!
Perfect Summer Drink Recipe - Watermelon Ice

28K+
Watermelon Ice
 
Prep time
Total time
 
Jazz up your summer drink with ice cubes - made of watermelon!
Ingredients
  • Watermelon
  • Water, sparkling water, seltzer water, lemon-lime soda or lemonade
Instructions
  1. Cut watermelon into small cubes. Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet and place in the freezer. Once frozen, store in a freezer safe ziptop bag.
  2. Fill a glass with the watermelon ice and pour your favorite beverage over.

0 التعليقات: